Sensitive skin can make choosing soap difficult. The wrong soap can cause rashes, dry skin, or irritation. Those who suffer from sensitive skin may have tried countless soaps in attempt to find the perfect one for their skin.
Generally, it's best to choose soaps that are natural, have few ingredients, and are made from pure plant oils. Natural soaps avoid the use of harsh additives, and actually contain beneficial ingredients. Once you find a soap that works for you, look to buy soap bars in bulk to save on money.
To get you started, here are types of natural soaps perfect for sensitive skin:
- Oils and Butters: Soaps made from organic oils and butters are great for sensitive skin. Look for soaps that are made up of coconut oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, or olive oil.
- Unscented: Opting for unscented products will ensure that the soap does not have any unnatural or synthetic fragrances that can irritate the skin.
- Natural Fragrances: However, many of us want a soap that will make us smell good. If you want a soap that is natural and beautifully smelling, try ones fragranced with chamomile, jasmine, lavender, French pear, eucalyptus, honey, frangipanis, or green tea.
- Goats Milk: Goats milk soap is a favorite for sensitive skin since it nourishes and soothes damages. It's also beautifully creamy and has anti-bacterial properties.
- Oatmeal: Soaps made with oatmeal are great for relieving and healing dry skin. Oatmeal can also help unclog pores and prevent dry skin in the future.
- Almond: Almonds produce a restorative soap that is perfect for soothing and exfoliating sensitive skin. Often almond-based soaps include other beneficial ingredients like shea butter, milk, or a variety of favorite aromas.
Sticking with these guidelines and ingredients can help you find a soap that not only doesn’t irritate and dry out your sensitive skin, but can help restore and soothe previous damages. Any of these soaps can be bought online, and make sure to buy bulk bar soap to save time and money.